Where is Australian Yoga Academy Located?
AYA is located at 42 Clifton Street, Prahran. We are on a one way street entered from High Street OR via Anchor Place which is directly off Chapel Street.
Our studio is located on the right but if you look to the left after the big yellow wall you will find a 2 hour parking lot on Cecil Pl. If you can’t find any there continue around through Cecil Pl and you’ll find another parking lot to your right once you’ve exited the first parking lot. There is also paid parking just around the corner at the roundabout on King Street.
Our studio is located on the second floor so come up the gorgeous wooden stairs. We will keep the door ajar for you so you can head straight in. We try our best to open the door 30 minutes before the class start time.
What’s the best way to ensure my experience is a success?
That’s simple. Show up. Be ready to have fun and laugh through the hard and the easy.
But since you asked, a few wonderful physicians have cracked the code on a near bullet-proof path to success for any studio: Bring a friend!!
It turns out 95% of people who start a program like this with a friend or family member not only finish it, but a year later they’ve continued.
I’m a beginner. Any suggestions on where to start?
What a fabulous beginning this is. Our teachers will help you modify regardless of where you choose to start. We’re also more than happy to help you book your sessions, so we make sure this is the best experience for you. Just send us an email at info@australianyogaacademy or call us at 9510 7474 and we’ll set everything up for you.
I’m advanced. What’s the best session for me?
We’re simply delighted you’ve chosen to continue to grow your practice with us. We have more advanced students across all of our sessions, so the good news is wherever you land, you’re going to find a teacher ready to challenge you. We’re also more than happy to help you book your sessions, so we make sure this is the best experience for you. Just send us an email at info@australianyogaacademy or call us at 9510 7474 and we’ll set everything up for you.
What do I need to bring with me?
Just you!! But you are welcome to bring your own mat, block, strap OR just borrow ours. We do recommend wearing comfortable layers so you can remain comfortable throughout the whole practice. Bring a bottle of water (we have a filter tap and cups in case you forget). A hand towel is a good idea (some classes can get pretty sweaty). We do offer complimentary hand towels, prana chai, hair dryer, hair straightener, showers. We’ll can’t wait to see you soon!
Direct Debit memberships are paid fortnightly.
No refunds on any memberships purchased.
- AYA’s memberships entitle you to unlimited yoga classes that are listed on our weekly timetable.
- Memberships exclude workshops, courses and teacher training.
- Memberships can be suspended a maximum of 2 times per 6 month period. Suspensions must be a minimum of 1 week at a time and a maximum of 2 months.
- Requests for suspension must be made at least 5 days in advance of the beginning of the suspension date, in writing, via email to email@example.com
- Direct Debit Members on a no lock in contract can cancel their membership at any time however they must give a minimum of 5 days’ notice prior to their next debit date.
- Direct Debit Members on a 6 month lock in contract receive the benefit of a discounted price. If a member wishes to cancel the 6 month lock in contract prior to expiration, they will need to pay the difference between the discounted rate of this membership and the regular no lock in direct debit membership price for the whole period of their membership. e.g. If you are on this membership for 12 weeks and want to cancel, you would need to pay the difference in price for those 12 weeks. If the no lock in DD membership is $50 per week and the 6 Month Lock in DD membership is $40 per week, the exiting member would need to pay the $10 per week difference x the 12 weeks they had the membership = $120 and we will then cancel your contract.
- Please note that there are no refunds available on any amounts paid in advance for direct debit memberships.