Yoga Teacher Training - 200 HoursDiploma of Yoga Teaching Overview
AYA’s Diploma of Yoga Teaching, 200 hour training program, is run as a 1 month full time intensive.
AYA is an industry leading training provider. We have been training extraordinary teachers since 2005 and our course is accredited by Yoga Alliance. As a result, AYA graduates are highly sought after in the marketplace. Upon completion of our teacher training program you will be extremely well placed to create an amazing career anywhere in the world.
AYA’s YTT Program is based on Patanjali’s Ashtanga or 8 Limbed Approach. The course explores asana, pranayama, meditation, yogic philosophy, practical teaching methods, anatomy and physiology.
The program is not only for those wishing to become yoga teachers but anyone who would like to gain a deeper understanding of the full science and practice of this ancient philosophy.
One Month Intensive Program
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat.
From 6am to 5pm for 4 weeks.
Diploma of Yoga Teaching Modules
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Yama & Niyama
- Skeletal System, Joints & The Spine
- Muscular Systems and Major Associated Bandhas
- Muscles of Arms and Legs
- Muscles of Chest and Shoulders
- Muscles of Back
- Muscles of Abdominals and Pelvis
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Digestive System
- Practical Asana Intensives
- Surya Namaskar
- Forward Bends
- Backward Bends
- Twisting / Lateral Flexing Postures
- Standing and Balancing Postures
- Yin Yoga
- Alignment & Adjustments in Asana
- Practical Alignment and Adjustment Techniques
- Yoga Teaching Principles and Safety
- Practical Designing and Sequencing of the Yoga Class
- Yoga for Special Needs Students: Pre and Post Natal. High and Low Blood Pressure
- Yoga for Students with Spinal Injuries
- 10 x Practice Teaching & Feedback Sessions
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Anatomy of Pranayama
- Essentials of Pranayama