Yin Teacher Training Program50 Hours at AYA with Karina Smith
AYA is proud to announce another amazing program for already qualified yoga teachers to expand their knowledge and skill set to teach Yin classes with comprehension and confidence.
AYA’s Yin Teacher Training Program will cover a variety of topics including Yin and Yang Philosophy, Anatomy, and Teaching Skills. With a great emphasis on integrating the delivered content into practical teaching sessions each day.
This course is for yoga teachers, yoga teacher trainees and yin enthusiasts.
AYA Prahran Studio
Course Dates 2022
1 x Friday night Meet & Greet
4th February, 6:30 – 7:30pm
5, 12, & 26 February
12, 19 & 20 March
10am – 5pm each day
Early Bird Special $1,250 (until January 10)
Full Investment: $1,450 (from January 11)
Please note once tickets are purchased there will be no refunds/transfers or credit given. Should a government enforced lockdown occur that affects any training dates, this course will be facilitated via Zoom and no refunds will be offered.
For more information about this course and Karina Smith, please download the prospectus
- Yin and Yang Philosophy
- The principles of Yin yoga
- Safe practice
- The Energy Body, Qi and meridians
- The Yin meridians
- The Yang Meridians
- How to exercise Yin and Yang tissues, fascia, stress and the rebound.
- Exploring Range of Motion and Skeletal variation of all the major joint complexes:
- The Spine
- The Pelvis
- The Shoulder
- The Knee and Ankle
- The Elbow and Wrist
- The role of the Yin teacher: holding space, language, facilitation skills and sensitivity in approaching student.
- Supporting injuries, investigating the experience with the student, how and when to use props.
- The pre and post-natal student.
- Creative and meridian based sequencing: developing themes and narratives.
- Using mindfulness techniques.
- Yin adjustments: touch, kinaesthetic awareness and developing interoception skills.
- Detailed breakdown of postures from the morning sequence.
- Utilising ideas from the daily teaching skills module to embody ideas and practice facilitating each other through a yin sequence
Yin and meditation practice
- Daily 75 min