Yoga Teacher TrainingAdvanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching Overview
AYA’s Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching, is one of the most renowned and comprehensive yoga teacher training programs available in Australia. We have been training teachers to the highest standard since 2005 and our course is accredited by Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. As a result, AYA graduates are highly sought after in the marketplace. Upon completion of our teacher training program you will be extremely well placed to create an amazing career anywhere in the world.
AYA’s YTT Program is based on Patanjali’s Ashtanga or 8 Limbed Approach. The course explores asana, pranayama, meditation, yogic philosophy, practical teaching methods, anatomy and physiology and professional development in detail.
The program is not only for those wishing to become yoga teachers but anyone who would like to gain a deeper understanding of the full science and practice of this ancient philosophy.
To cater for the needs of all students we provide four different ways to complete the course (please note the course is identical regardless of the stream you choose).
Thursday 10am to 2.30pm
8am to 5pm Saturday & Sunday once a month.
8am to 5pm for 4 weeks (then all homework and study completed over 6-12 months)
We have courses starting February, March, April, July, September & October each year.
Download the prospectus for all the information.
Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching Modules
- History of Yoga
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Yama & Niyama
- Skeletal System and the Mechanics of Joints
- The Spine
- Muscular Systems and Major Associated Bandhas
- Muscles of Arms and Legs
- Muscles of Chest and Shoulders
- Muscles of Back
- Muscles of Abdominals and Pelvis
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Digestive System
- Practical Asana Intensives
- Surya Namaskar
- Forward Bends
- Backward Bends
- Twisting / Lateral Flexing Postures
- Standing and Balancing Postures
- Yin Yoga
- Alignment & Adjustments in Asana
- Practical Alignment and Adjustment Techniques
- Yoga Teaching Principles and Safety
- Practical Designing and Sequencing of the Yoga Class
- Yoga for Special Needs Students: Pre and Post Natal. High and Low Blood Pressure
- Restorative Yoga for the Elderly
- Children and Teens Yoga
- Yoga for Students with Spinal Injuries
- 10 x Practice Teaching & Feedback Sessions
- Meditation 1 & 2
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Practical Pranayama Skills and Practice
- Anatomy of Pranayama
- Essentials of Pranayama
- Sanskrit, Yogic Chanting and the Chakras