Breath, Mindfulness & Movement for YouthShort courses or 25 hour certification
AYA is delighted to present these unique professional development courses aimed at developing a special skill set that is specific to children and teens. These courses would benefit parents and guardians, as well as enhancing the professional careers of those who work with and teach children and teens.
These two courses may be completed separately or done together and qualify the participant for CPD points for Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. Done together, these courses will also qualify the participant for AYA’s 25 hour certificate in Breath, Mindfulness and Movement for Youth.
Mindful Breath & Movement for Youth
with Beata Heymann
Course will be held, concurrently, face-to-face in the studio and via Zoom for those students who are unable to travel.
18 April & 25 April
10am-5pm each day
Investment: $425 (full price) or $385 early bird (by 21 March) and for AYA grads and TTs.
During this programme, you will cover:
- Facilitation skills – Authentic Teaching & Mindful Leadership
- Breath Awareness – Anatomy and Physiology of Breathing – Mindful Breathing for kids
- Youth Mental Health – Yoga for Self-Regulation
- Trauma-informed Youth Yoga
- Age Specific Yoga – covers ages 3-5, 6-10, 11-14, 15-18years.
- Class Structure & Format
- Integration & Resources – Daily Practice
- Overcoming blocks
- Teaching Toolkit – Practical
Beata Heymann, founder of Breath Circle and Lecturer with Australian Yoga Academy, has created a beautiful breath, movement and mindfulness programme for those who work and teach youths. Beata specialises in teaching mindful-breathing programmes in schools and in creating programmes that are sensitive to children who are at-risk. Beata intimately understands the challenges, trauma, stress and anxiety faced by young people and their families, and she is conscious to factor this understanding into her programmes.
Teaching Mindfulness Practices to Children
with Anne Love
13 & 20 June
10am-5pm each day
Investment: $425 (full price) or $385 early bird (by 16 May) and for AYA grads and TTs.
During this programme you will cover how to effectively introduce mindfulness and meditation practices for all school aged children. Uniquely, this programme also offers the participant the opportunity to develop and broaden a personal mindfulness practice. Lesson plans and sample scripts are included as are many resources to continue learning and practising.
- What is Mindfulness and meditation, the benefits & latest research
- The role of the teacher & personal practice
- How to introduce mindfulness, meditation and the benefits in an age-appropriate way
- Challenges and potential problems
- Structure of lessons, Practices and activities
- Formal and informal practices
Anne is a devoted mindfulness and meditation practitioner and has taught mindfulness and meditation in schools, universities, corporates and not for profits in both the USA and Australia. She is a senior AYA lecturer and is the founder of Mindful Moments, where she currently runs workshops and programmes in schools and organisations, teaching and sharing the many benefits of mindfulness and meditation.