Yin Teacher Training Program50 Hours at AYA with Karina Smith
AYA’s Yin Teacher Training Program will cover a variety of topics including Yin and Yang Philosophy, Anatomy, and Teaching Skills. With a great emphasis on integrating the delivered content into practical teaching sessions each day.
AYA Prahran Studio
3 x Full Weekends
Saturday and Sunday from
Course Dates 2019
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th February
Saturday 16th & Sun 17th February
Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th February
Early Bird Special $1,250 (until 15 December)
Full Investment: $1,450 (from 16 December)
Please note once tickets are purchased there will be no refunds/transfers or credit given.
For more information about this course and Karina Smith, please download the prospectus
- Yin and Yang Philosophy
- The principles of Yin yoga
- Safe practice
- The Energy Body, Qi and meridians
- The Yin meridians
- The Yang Meridians
- How to exercise Yin and Yang tissues, fascia, stress and the rebound.
- Exploring Range of Motion and Skeletal variation of all the major joint complexes:
- The Spine
- The Pelvis
- The Shoulder
- The Knee and Ankle
- The Elbow and Wrist
- The role of the Yin teacher: holding space, language, facilitation skills and sensitivity in approaching student.
- Supporting injuries, investigating the experience with the student, how and when to use props.
- The pre and post-natal student.
- Creative and meridian based sequencing: developing themes and narratives.
- Using mindfulness techniques.
- Yin adjustments: touch, kinaesthetic awareness and developing interoception skills.
- Detailed breakdown of postures from the morning sequence.
- Utilising ideas from the daily teaching skills module to embody ideas and practice facilitating each other through a yin sequence
Yin and meditation practice
- Daily 75 min