Yin Teacher Training Program50 Hours at AYA with Karina Smith
AYA is proud to announce another amazing program for already qualified yoga teachers to expand their knowledge and skill set to teach Yin classes with comprehension and confidence.
AYA’s Yin Teacher Training Program will cover a variety of topics including Yin and Yang Philosophy, Anatomy, and Teaching Skills. With a great emphasis on integrating the delivered content into practical teaching sessions each day.
AYA Prahran Studio
6 x Saturdays from 8am – 5pm:
Saturdays June 30, July 7 & 14
1 Week Break
Saturdays July 28, August 4 & 11
Early Bird Special $1450 (until 15 May)
Full Investment: $1,650 (from 16 May)
Please note once tickets are purchased there will be no refunds/transfers or credit given.
For more information about this course and Karina Smith, please download the prospectus
- Yin and Yang Philosophy
- The principles of Yin yoga
- Safe practice
- The Energy Body, Qi and meridians
- The Yin meridians
- The Yang Meridians
- How to exercise Yin and Yang tissues, fascia, stress and the rebound.
- Exploring Range of Motion and Skeletal variation of all the major joint complexes:
- The Spine
- The Pelvis
- The Shoulder
- The Knee and Ankle
- The Elbow and Wrist
- The role of the Yin teacher: holding space, language, facilitation skills and sensitivity in approaching student.
- Supporting injuries, investigating the experience with the student, how and when to use props.
- The pre and post-natal student.
- Creative and meridian based sequencing: developing themes and narratives.
- Using mindfulness techniques.
- Yin adjustments: touch, kinaesthetic awareness and developing interoception skills.
- Detailed breakdown of postures from the morning sequence.
- Utilising ideas from the daily teaching skills module to embody ideas and practice facilitating each other through a yin sequence
Yin and meditation practice
- Daily 75 min